Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Things? Happening? Excited? Very?

Hi everyone! Hope you all are well. So I thought for today, I would update you guys on what has been going on my life as of late. Recently (that being about two weeks ago), I ran into a street style blogger by the name of William (Will) Crooks. I was actually introduced to his blog over coffee one night. Of course, coffee has to always be involved. Anyway, as I was looking over his blog, I noticed that there was an aesthetic that I hadn't been aware of until it was captured in a photo. It's interesting to think that much of our time is spent bypassing the beauty that is around us, and begin to grow almost numb to anything that is, well, beautiful. And it is because of that reason, that capturing of the moment, that I love photography. It's a great way of preserving the essence or a story or simple memory associated with that particular moment. And more me, photography and fashion go hand-in-hand. Fashion tells a story through an aesthetic, which photography captures that story. It's that magical feeling you get when you're flipping through the pages of a magazine and you are captured by a photo, shot on the rooftop of an Italian gala, with lights and people. Captured in the center is this person, not modeling, necessarily, but captured in the natural. And you begin to see the small details that add to them; that add to the overall photo. It's that artistry that entices me. Alas, I have been blessed with the opportunity be photographed for Will's blog. And I'm hoping that I will be able to add to the aesthetic, through the photographs and through my own styling and photography. So that's basically all I wanted to say. I hope you could gain something from this and if not, that's okay too :) Until next time, stay fashionable. Xx

In the meantime, check out Will's blog. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment