Pages - Menu

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Let's Talk Dolce & Gabbana

Hi my fashionistas and fashionistos. I hope you all are well. So...yes. I'm been very slack with postings lately, but I've been very busy with school and midterms. It's been garnering all of my attention and with the late, coffee filled nights, I've neglected my blogs. Fortunately, spring break starts this Friday! There will be lots and lots of Sex & The City along with random postings from The Devil Wears Prada (my fav movie ever!) and of course more fashion.



Now that that's taken care of, let's talk Dolce & Gabbana. To begin with, I just want to say that I've been a fan of D&G for many years now. I have their sunglasses and reading glasses (I'm obviously a D&G fanatic...not). I feel like Dolce & Gabbana has garnered a lot of attention through TV and music as well. I'm positive I've heard name drops several times. Okay, so for my review.



The first word that came to mind was ethereal. I think it sums it up perfectly. It made me think of times during the Vatican, a time of kings and queens whose robes would be so perfectly created and tailored to showcase the artisanship of time. It was sheer elegance. I loved that it had a mosaic feel to it. There was also the religious influence there through the Catholic church. And this was not the only time we've seen religious influences...remember the men's f/w 2013 Givenchy collection? Exactly. But I must say, even amid the elegance of this collection, there was still a modern feel to it. The clothes weren't too over the top to the point where they were not wearable. And there were so many textures and patterns as well. You had lace! You had tweed! You had plaid! You had intricate design! It was just brilliant. Also, can I just mention the red moment? Can I just say that it was major? Yes? Okay. It was MAJOR. Literally, i was like, "O.M.G. goooorgeous!" Red is such a beautiful and passionate color and I think the way that it was worked into the collection was done so, perfectly.



I also loved the bold lip and the accessary items. The crowns and earrings really set the collection, really adding to the whole king, queen, Vatican feel to it. I liked how they also had different fits. Some being short and loose, and others being long and fitted. Or, you had shorts. Shorts are always nice.



Overall, I was very impressed with this collection and I thought that Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana did an amazing job. Well, that's all for now. Until next time, stay fashionable! Xx

2 comments: