Pages - Menu

Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's all about Prada!


Hi guys! So, let me just start by saying that I was, in fact, 20 minutes earlier to the Prada show. The virtual show, that is. Lol. Anyway, since I was earlier, I was able to really pay attention to the scenery and backdrop that was used during the show. It had dreamy feel to it, with the shadows of models appearing behind it. It reminded me of a movie that took place. The day was hot, and steamy shadows of a not useful ceiling fan was projected off the walls...and scene. I would go on, but that's not why your here! Okay, the show. Now, I've always enjoyed Prada. Much like Burberry, I've always felt Prada to be classic, very beautifully tailored, with a not so glam impact. And I like that. In my opinion, this show was no different. There was a level of sexiness to it, but it was incorporated in a way that allowed for the collection to remain classic. 


The first thing really made me love this collection was the amount of skin being shown. Prada made it known that the woman can be classic but sexy. And this is something that is necessary. Very necessary. A lot of women teeter between being sexy and...well, not so sexy. So praises are in order.



Something else that I loved was the fur. Now, I know some people may be opposed to using real fur, and that's A-okay. But this is strictly from a "I don't know what they used, but it looked good" standpoint. Lol. The fur looked good and added just enough umph to the looks to make them standout. And speaking of fur, it was not just about the coats, but also the cuffs. Yes, cuffs were brought to the forefront with this collection. They were noticeable and the funny thing is, I didn't mind them. They added balance to the wider bottoms.


And then, the patterns. They weren't too out there. I liked the classic, checkerboard prints. It was simple, and elegant. And talk about your sequins, mixing textures, and croc skin. Tres chic! What was also tres chic where those bags. From croc print to tweed, they were lovely. And big. I like big.





So, Prada, you've impressed me. I must say. The only thing I didn't like where those sandal heels (if that's a thing). They were too chunky and looked awkward, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment