Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm going gaga for Gucci


Hi my amazing readers. So...it hurts me to say that I missed the Gucci show this morning! *Tear* Alas, being a college student and crashing after caffeine highs caused Victor to miss fashion shows. Lol. Okay, not really. Fortunately, I was able to view the collection on  Style.com (amazing website, btw). So upon viewing this so, so, SO, so lovely collection, my reaction went something like this..."OMG, O-M-G! O-MG! O-M-G!" all while in my school's library? Talk about awkward looks. So, moving on. Let's get to the collection. If you couldn't tell from my reaction, I loved it! Gucci has always been one of my favorite collections. It's just so aesthetically appealing and makes the woman look so powerful and sexy and just perfect! Totally fan-girling right now.



The colors were dark, giving the collection a mysterious vibe. I loved that spy-esque feel I had when viewing it. It was stealthy, with the pencil skirts, the see-through fabric, and leather. Loved the leather. Also, I like that the patterns were simple, but still very intense. How you do that? Ask Frida Giannini, Gucci's current designer. She worked that in perfectly. I also liked the use of lines. They were straight, nothing to wild and incorporated to well. 


Now, for detail. The heels. Ugh, they were major! Like, MAJOR. The boots were to die for. I loved the purplish, blueish, redish color of them (don't ask). And the snake print set it over the top. As the collection progressed, it became more and more detailed, which is also something I loved. The frills on the pieces were elegantly done and I thought of a bird of paradise. Majestic and cunning. And the colors were nicely balanced between dark lines and fluorescence. And then, there were flowers. Subtle, but they were there!


So, overall, I was pleased. Again. Just like the men's collection, this collection was MAJOR! Well done, Frida, well done. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing. It would be so much better if you would post bigger pictures though! :)

    www.modesuechtig.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you for your suggestion! I will do that :)

    ReplyDelete