Pages - Menu

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dean, Dan, and Dsquared²

Hola mis amigos! I hope you all are well. Yes? Awesome! Okay, so I'm just going to jump right into the review.

Dean. Dan. Well done. Well done. For those of us who watched the show (if you didn't, it'll be linked below so no worries), you know who amazingly brilliant this show was. Inspired by the 1940s and the glamorous girl meeting the masculine man, the collection literally blew me away. First off, there were suits. And bow ties. And fur. And hats. And jewelry. As you can "see", I'm excited. Lol. This collection reminded me of those black and white movies that involved some lady singing in a piano, in a bar. It had that old Hollywood glam to it, which wasn't exaggerated, but done just right.


The suits were what impressed me the most, because while it had a masculine feel, it still had a feminine side to it. Maybe because one of the models was Cara Delevingne and maybe because I absolutely love her. Maybe, I'm just saying. No, but overall, the suits worked perfectly, some being tailored and others given a more slouchy feel. They also incorporated vests as well, which I thought added to the vibe.

Something else that I loved were the gowns. They were floor length, with long trains, that everyone tripped on...*take a moment* Okay, moving on. The gloves were also gorgeous! Again, they gave to the feel of the collection, with simple, very easily complementary colors that added just the right amount of pop.


I would now like to point out the jewelry. They pieces were intricate and didn't exaggerate the look at all. The hats also did the same thing for me. They, again, contributed to the feel of the collection in the right way. Sometimes, I feel like a certain look isn't appreciated because of accessary pieces but this was not the case. Oh, and let's not forget the socks.


So, Dean and Dan, you continue to build and grow. And I love it! Everything just seemed to be right. The music, the atmosphere, the models, the walk, the looks, everything. It just flowed. And yes, there were a few stumbles here and there. I honestly don't know why people freak out over those types of things. People trip...models are people...just saying. Anyway, that's a different conversation. Alas, my love for Dsquared²  continues on.


What do you guys think? Did you like the collection? Leave comments or tweet me and let me know. Also, if
there's anything you want me to talk about, tweet me or leave a comment and I'll do my best :) Until next time, stay fashionable. Xx



Missed the show? Check it out here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment