Pages - Menu

Monday, March 25, 2013

Let's Talk Spring Trends

Hello my fashionable followers. I hope you're all well. So, let me tell you about my morning. When I actually woke up, meaning I opened my eyes and got out of the bed, I was greeted with a beautiful stream of pale yellow sunlight that plastered my newly bought green skinny jeans. It was at that moment that I thought, "Omg! It's Spring!" Now, I know it's a day or two into the new season, but it didn't hit me until I saw those jeans. And since my photoshoot was today (which went very well, may I add) I thought it would be nice to talk about some of the trends that we'll be seeing this spring.

First off, stripes. They dominated the runways. From Moschino to Versace to Ralph Lauren to Acne. They were bold, not so bold, large, small, colorful, and not so colorful. But the fact remains. They were there. So for all of my trending topics (HA!) definitely try to incorporate some pieces that can carry you through spring. I suggest doing a colorful piece, maybe pants, and a more neutral piece (say, black and white) in a shirt. That way you have ways of maximizing what's in your wardrobe while having a very staple trending piece that can be dressed up or down. Okay? Cool.

Second, let's take a trip to the Emerald City. Yes, I did a Wizard of Oz reference. Love that movie, btw. Anyway, this is for my color lovers! Emerald will definitely be in this Spring and you should know that it is a very easy color to incorporate into your wardrobe. Now, if you didn't know already, I'm a college student so my budget is very limited. Because of this, I look for sales. With that being said, don't feel like you have to spend a ton of money on trying to achieve the "right shade of Emerald" because you don't. Try playing with the shade of green that works best with your skin tone and wardrobe. We saw a wide range of green used, from Michael Kors, Vera Wang, and Reem Acne. So know, that there is not a right shade of green. Just make it your own and go with it...like me and my green skinny jeans.

And lastly, for the guys more so than the girls, go loud or go home! But in the nicest way possible of course. Lol. Bold, obscure patterned shirts are so in for men this Spring. Whether you have little multi-colored music notes dancing across your shirt, or tons of zig-zags going any way imaginable, or simple little flowers that detail every inch, own the look. Be as crazy as you want. Be as creative as you want. Now, if you're being crazy shirt, pants, and shoes wise, then you might be doing a little too much. But hey, don't let me rain on your parade. If you like it and you're confident, then by all means, be as crazy and creative as you can. I'm definitely your biggest supporter. Haha

So, I hope this helped a little. I only used a few trends that I saw heavily on the runway and those that I thought would be easy and affordable to incorporate into your wardrobe. And if you have other suggestions, leave them in the comments section. Until next time, stay fashionable. Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment