Pages - Menu

Monday, March 4, 2013

I give you::Givenchy AW 2013/14

So like I said, I've been a terrible person and haven't posted in a while. I hope this makes up for it! I did manage to check a few tweets here and there to see what people were saying about Givenchy, and let me just say that it wasn't the best. While some did love the collection, others? Not so much. But alas, I'm a Givenchy fan...even though I own not a single piece. Maybe one day

First off, can we just talk about the major Disney reference. Bambi? Bambi?! Like the happy, little deer Bambi. Loved it. Also, we had a focus on the femininity of the woman with this collection. And if that was hinted at by the lace pieces, floral prints, and snakeskin boats then...There was an element of grunge still there, however. With the oversized sweatshirts and leather.

For me, I thought the collection was great. It showed a side of Givenchy that was new to me. But then again, I only started paying attention to Givenchy about a year ago so...yeah. Awkward. Anyway, I loved it. I loved the new direction and everything about it. So yeah, that's about it. Again, sorry about the neglect. Just so many things have been going on *tear* but I'm back now. So until next time, stay fashionable. Xx

In the meantime, please enjoy this short clip. :)

Givenchy. Gi-ven-chy.

No comments:

Post a Comment